We are currently running a crowd-funding campaign on Indiegogo to raise money for our new space. For the month of June, please consider making your one-time donation via the Indiegogo page, not this website, so that others will be inspired by your generosity and we can reach our goal of raising $20,000 to help create a beautiful, safe new space for the kids! Check out the campaign and contribute at igg.me/at/WEhome.
Your Donation Helps Inner-City Kids Get Excited About Reading and Writing!
Consider what your donation could do:
- $2000 provides two at-risk kids the opportunity to participate in the Writers' Exchange after-school program for an entire school year
- $1000 runs a fun eight-week summer literacy program for 15 at-risk kids, tailored to their needs
- $500 pays for a month's worth of healthy snacks for the 85 kids in the Writers' Room after-school program
- $250 covers essential writing and art supplies for a five-week workshop in one inner-city classroom
- $100 provides a safe space for one child to receive literacy support and homework help for one month
- $50 helps buy books that inspire kids to love reading
To donate more than $2000, or to donate via cheque, please make your cheque payable to "The Writers' Exchange Society" and mail it to:
881 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1R8
The Writers' Exchange Society (our official name) is a registered Canadian charity, number 795045095 RR0001.
If you have any questions or would like to donate physical objects, like books, writing supplies, electronics, typewriters and games, please contact Sarah Maitland, Writers' Exchange Creative Director, at 604.428.8228 or email@example.com.
Again, please consider donating via the Indiegogo crowd-funder campaign here: igg.me/at/WEhome (not via the buttons below)